feeling small
The pine needles dress the sides of the road like lace on a gypsies dress
and the sun punches its way through a wall of clouds
only to find itself in a second battle with the dense Forest canopy
the leaves and iron trunks try their best to keep the sun from making contact with the soil that lays fertile at it's feet
afraid of what might grow when the two finally meet
I move quickly
sweat dripping
feet pounding into the pavement that serves no purpose here but to move the parasites to and from their summer homes
I am not worthy of this place
hoping this sweat that I leave behind will be payment enough
maybe it will mate with the sun and soil
maybe it will grow something more beautiful and brave
something that belongs and deserving of having its roots dig deep with branches that sway easy with the breeze
allowing the sun to easily kiss the floor below and dress itself in gypsy lace
Comments
Post a Comment